Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog's Day

Happy Groundhog's day. Yes he saw his shadow. I think Punxsutawney Phil has glaucoma. But lately things in my life feel like the movie Groundhog's Day-its the same thing over and over and over. :) 

Well just what have I been doing? I don't know. It's all a blur. Lots of dishes...I think I need a little get away. Looking forward to the weekend because we're leaving the kiddos with grandma and grandpa and hitting a movie. I hope it's enough to recharge!

I've been doing stuff though, some knitting projects are getting done and I even did some spinning.
hearts
 Handspun
Close up handspun
That was rewarding! The hearts are for a gift for a woman and her kids, who needs a little boost, the yarn is for me. Finally going to make a hat/mitten/scarf combo for myself. That will be nice. Maybe when I finish them it will be summertime. :)  In addition to that, I finished the knitting on the booties I'd started forever ago. They are a super quick knit if you just sit and do them. And if you follow directions the right way and don't knit a Frankenbootie. 
Frankenbootie
Oops. She didn't mean 10 more rows, she meant 10 total. Oh, I see now, now that I finished the whole thing. Seriously, this looked ok while you were knitting it?!


We did this last week. Stuck in the snow!
Little Peanut there wasn't so happy though, she was "stuck" in the snow because it was so deep and she couldn't move. It was pretty funny, the poor thing. My brother-in-law and his girlfriend got us a Flip for Christmas and I recorded the outing. heheh

We also made these, paperbag puppet kits that Goosie got from Sally and Kirsten for her birthday. They were so cute, and Goosie even shared with Peanut, which I thought was rather sweet of her. Even mom got to play some. :)
Making puppets
Puppet bags

Today we made these:
Banana mmmmmuffins
They smelled heavenly and tasted so bad for you! mmmm But I did 1/2 wheat flour, 1/2 white flour, so that helped some. I only put a couple chocolate chips to entice Goosie to eat them.
MMM banana muffins
She's been anti-banana lately, but always wants to buy them. (She gets to choose the bunch.) The recipe is from CraftLit. You have to listen to the podcast to get the recipe right. :) She said so! 

We got hair cuts yesterday and the woman that cut mine cut it too short for "just a trim, I'm trying to grow it out." And she hurt my head so bad when she was combing me out and then put the product in my hair! It still hurts! But we do have a storm front coming in, bringing snow with it, so that's not helping. 

Other than that, pretty boring around here. See? Groundhog's Day. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the head, ouch.
    I will have to listen to that podcast, those look good. To get my kids to eat bananas I froze them and let them dip in melted karob, mmmm.

    ReplyDelete