Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Challenge, the Catch-Up

Well, homegrownrose has thrown out a challenge to blog everyday from now to the end of March. It's been a while since I've posted, so I suppose I was just saving it up, right? Here's the Valentine's Day post I never put up, but wanted to share. First, I received roses, which were beautiful and still hanging on, looking darn good! Alas, no photo. I made pink heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast that morning and for dinner we had a pork tenderloin with a cherry-dijon sauce, red tablecloth scattered with plastic hearts as a table confetti, and we each had one with our own initial. For dessert, it was chocolate fondue with pound cake, strawberries, apples and marshmallows. Tasty! The girls and I prepared the decorations:

Glitter glue!
More glue!
These became Valentine's Day Banners, which were proudly hung and danced about with.
Peanut's Valentine's banner
Goosie's Valentine's Banner
And finally, we had our Valentine's Day Dragon! The girls colored wooden hearts and then decided on this configuration. I initially thought "wreath", but out of the creative minds of babes...
Valentine's Dragon2
Valentine's Dragon
What?!! You didn't have a dragon?

3 comments:

  1. How did I NOT have a Valentine's Day dragon?! What is wrong with me? :D

    Very adorable indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I think that valentines dragons should be the new trend. I love it! :) Did you name him? (her?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dragon is darn cute. Your babies are so darn creative. Yay you. :)

    ReplyDelete